a. Visitor/Viewer: Any person, who either by himself or some authorized person, access the Website for the purpose of gaining information/knowledge on the Website and the contents therein. The term also means to include an onlooker, browser, spectator, networker of the Website.
b. User/Subscriber: users who are accessing the Website for any reason in relation to posting and/or availing facilitation of services as mentioned on the Website.
c. Personal Information: Any information/data disclosed by the Browser/ Viewer and/or , User/Subscriber of the Website by which they stand to be identified which includes, however not limited to names, addresses, zip code, postal code, email addresses, telephone numbers, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, debit and/or credit card details, QR codes, photographs.
d. Service requests: Any requirement , information sought or need disclosed and/ or placed by the Viewers/Visitors and/or , User/Subscriber for Pooja, samskaras, rituals, as mentioned on the Website or the significance of such Pooja, samskaras, rituals or any meaning, interpretation, significance of scriptures, shlokas and mantras.
e. Cookies: Small text files that are stored on the hard drive of the Browser/Viewers , User/Subscriber and are used for record-keeping purposes and are identifiers, which a website can send to the Browser/Viewers and/or , User/Subscriber to keep on your computer to facilitate their next visit to Website.
f. Vedadhara community: a virtual and/or real community, who are keen on keeping vibrant their cultural and traditional heritage.
2. You do not have to provide us any Personal Information in order to merely view the website or to read the content portions of our Site. We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit our Sites/ internet address, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the website whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not.
3. Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally, to enable us to provide services in the manner most applicable to your demographic.We collect personal information only to provide services that may be appropriate to the community you come from and may be familiar with . Some examples of personal information that we collect in some areas of our Site, depending on the services you use , are:
Religious group/sub group.
4. In case you do not have any specific preferences in the manner in which such rituals, samskaras or pujas are performed, you are not obliged to provide information such as mother tongue, home town, religious group/sub group.
5. In general, the Browser/Viewer can browse/visit/view the Website without informing us or revealing any personal information about himself. The Browser/Viewer is hence anonymous to us. When the User/Subscriber enquires about a puja and/or participates in the daily puja by filling out the form(s) and/or agrees/confirms to avail of the services, they automatically become a member of the Vedadhara community. The puja enquires form and the daily puja form indicate which fields are mandatory to be filed and which are optional. The information indicated as optional may be provided wholly on the discretion of the User/Subscriber of the Website. The data provided on the form and the member id automatically gets saved in the Website server and the information of the User/Subscriber gathered from the Website, may be used for the following purposes:
• providing our services
• responding to queries.
• operating and improving the Website
• fostering a positive user experience; and
• delivering the products and services that we offer to the Vedadhara community
6. Information posted in public areas of the Website could be accessed, used, and stored by others. By the User/Subscriber providing their Personal Information for inclusion on the Website database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described here. While the Trust takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, the Trust does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Website. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information, including personality profiles on the Website.
Information posted in public areas of the Website are available for public viewing, and may reveal your personal requirements, indicate your particular preferences , thoughts and ideas. The Trust will not be able to control use of the information gathered by third party from the thoughts/ information needs / requirement if placed for public viewing , and exclude themselves of any liability for any consequence foreseen or unforeseen that may arise as a result of use of such information. In case such posting by you is likely to reveal sensitive information about yourselves we suggest you do not place it for public viewing , and if you do so, you are doing at your sole risk and discretion.
7. The Website tracks the internet address of the domains from which the Browser/Viewer/ User/Subscriber visits the Website and analysis this data. The information so tracked may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
8. Any voluntary disclosure of Personal Information online, for example through comments, discussions, opinions, forums, blogs, reviews etc can be collected and used by others.
9. The User/Subscriber can gain access to Personal Information so provided by visiting the Website. We retain indefinitely all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use of the Website more efficient, practical and relevant. You can modify your account information as and when required. You can delete your posting if any you may have placed for public viewing , close your account at any time in which event we will remove all our copies of your postings, queries and your account information from the Website, except for an archival copy which is not accessible on the internet.
10. If you wish to delete or close your account or account profile information altogether, please contact us at Vedadhara Helpdesk <firstname.lastname@example.org> . An email will be sent to you to confirm that your personal information has been deleted (save for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as the Trust reasonably considers necessary for audit and record purposes. We will also retain logs, demographic, indirect, and statistical information that may relate to you but do not identify you personally. If your personal information was previously accessed by others using our Website, we are not able to delete the information or copies thereof from their systems.
11. To improve the responsiveness of the Website, Cookies or other similar electronic tools may be used. The collection of data through Cookies on certain pages of the Website allows better understanding of the interests of the Browser/Viewers/User/Subscriber. The Browser/Viewer/ User/Subscriber can however choose to accept or refuse the Cookies by changing the settings of their browser accordingly. If the Browser/Viewer /User/Subscriber choose not to accept these Cookies, their experience at the Website may be diminished and some features may not work as intended. Unless the Browser/Viewer/ User/Subscriber voluntarily identifies himself (through registration, for example), there will be no way of knowing who the Browser/Viewer is, even if a Cookie is assigned to their computer. The only personal information a Cookie can contain is information the User/Subscriber provides. The information collected and analyzed is used to improve the service being provided by the Foundation. A cookie cannot read data off the hard drive. Advertisers may also assign their own cookies to the Browser/Viewer (if clicked on their advertisements), and the Trust and/or the Website does not control use of these cookies and disclaim any responsibility whatsoever for information collected through them.
12. The Trust may collect Personal Information from the User/Subscriber . The Browser/Viewer/, User/Subscriber may have the option not to provide such information, and while providing such information, the User/Subscriber will be able to “opt out” of certain uses of the information, if indicated. If the User/Subscriber chooses not to provide the information requested, they can still visit the Website, however, the User/Subscriber may be unable to access certain options, offers and services.
13. By submitting an enquires and/or participating in the daily puja on the Website, you acknowledge you are a part of the Vedadhara community.
14. The Trust may send newsletters or communications or other similar messaging to the User/Subscriber . In case you wish to unsubscribe from receiving such communication , you may do so at any time.
17. The Trust will not sell, rent, share, trade or disclose to third parties any personal information derived from the registration for, or use of, any online service offered by the Foundation without the consent of the Viewer/ Visitor , User/Subscriber, except if such disclosure is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings including search warrants, or to help investigate, prevent or take action regarding unlawful activities, suspected fraud, potential threat of security of any person, violation of our website use or defend legal claims; special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or agencies requiring such disclosure or any other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the user or others. The Browser/Viewer also consents to the Trust for disclosing information about the Browser/Viewer to actual or potential parties to a lawsuit that the Trust is or may become involved in (a) if it is required to do so, (b) if it reasonably believes that such disclosures will potentially mitigate its liability, or (c) to enforce its rights.
18. In the unlikely event, the software has a temporary glitch, and the User/Subscriber Personal Information is displayed on the site even though they have configured their preferences otherwise, there will be no liability against the Trust for the same. The Trust will do its best to work with the User/Subscriber if these types of situations arise, but the sole remedy in these cases is to have the Trust try to rectify the problem as soon as it can. The Trust might also make ad hoc use of the User/Subscriber information in ways it can’t contemplate here