Different areas in the homakunda are considered to be different organs of Agni.
- The bare part of the kunda (bhoomi) , where firewood (fuel) is not there - nose of Agni. If ahuti is offered here it will result in mental worries.
- Firewood ( part which is not burning ) - ears of Agni. Ahuti given here will result in deafness.
- Where flames are weak - eyes of Agni. Ahuti offered here will lead to blindness.
- Ashes - head of Agni. Ahuti given here will result in death.
- Where flame is strong - mouth of Agni. The ahuti should be offered only here and the result will be auspicious.
Next time you do a havan insist that it is done properly.