In the justice system in countries such as USA and UK, there is something called ‘Plea bargain’. The offender admits his guilt and in return gets a lenient sentence. Vedic remedies also work in a similar way. The points to be noted here are –
- If you are in trouble, your own past karma alone is responsible. It may be from the present birth or past births.
- The dharma sastras are all about proper conduct and consequences of one’s own action, good and bad.
- Astrology helps in identifying the karma which is the cause for the present state.
- Acceptance of the guilt and refraining from doing bad things in future is called prayaschitha.
- There are agencies such as grahas who are delegated the responsibility of making you reap what you have sown, good or bad.
- Vedic system has elaborate procedures laid out in the form of yajnas and rituals to convey your earnestness to the divinities and seeking pardon / lenience.
- Astrology identifies this karmic link and the priests are your lawyers who properly put up your case before the judge ( the divinities ). He may accept or reject your plea.
- If you are performing a remedial prayer, do it only if you have clear understanding of this , faith and humility.